Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of The Netherlands
Purchase of products
- All payments to Thriving Life are in Euros.
- We are unable to give a refund of the balance payment for a course and an event unless there is a waiting list for the event and we can transfer your booking to another applicant. In the unlikely event that we are able to fill your space, we will either move your booking to a new course dates (subject to availability) or refund your balance payment less a 20% administration fee.
- It is possible to cancel your participation in Mindfulness Practice sessions without cost up to 21 days before the session by writing an email to email@example.com. I such case we will either move your booking to a new session (subject to availability) or refund your balance payment less a 20% administration fee.
- There will be no refund if you cancel your participation in a Mindfulness Practice session less than 21 days before the session start.
- We withhold the right to change prices without notice.
- Thriving Life cannot accept liability for participant’s medical conditions which may develop during or subsequent to the course. Loss of, or damage to personal property of participants.
- Thriving Life has the right to cancel Mindfulness Practice sessions if there is only 3 participants or less booked in for the session. In such case, participants will get be notified via email the day before. Fees for cancelled sessions will be refunded at the end of the season (end of May and end of December).
- Thriving Life has the right to cancel courses where the minimum amount of participants, as mentioned in the course description, are not meet.
- If for some reason you begin a course and cannot finish for whatever reason (we understand that things happen) we will not be able to refund your fees, however, we will allow you to transfer onto the next similar course subject to availability. In this case you would need to pay a 20% administration fee.
- In the unlikely event that Thriving Life cancels your course, 100% of your deposit and payments will be returned.
- Where a teacher is unavailable we will make every attempt to replace with a teacher of similar professional standard.
- Thriving Life cannot accept liability for cancellations, delays or changes caused by war, threat of war, closure of airports, civil strikes, industrial action or natural disaster or other events outside of our control.
Safe Teaching of Mindfulness
The benefits of mindfulness practice are well documented, but it is not a cure for everything and there can be risks as well, if it is not to taught in a proper way. We strive to teach mindfulness in a safe way by adhering to the following:
- We meet these good practice guidelines developed by the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teacher Training Organisations
- We are category 1 members of the Dutch association of Mindfulness Teachers; WMBN Vereniging Mindfulness Based Trainers Nederland en Vlaanderen (www.vmbn.nl)
- We require everyone attending a longer mindfulness course such as the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course to complete a Student Application form giving full details of any health concerns prior to booking and to attend to a pre-course interview with the teacher. This will ensure both Thriving Life and the participant that the course is right for the person.
Thriving Life is not responsible for any loss, damage or injuries. When signing up to a longer mindfulness course such as the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course with Thriving Life it is the participant´s own responsibility to perform only those activities and movements that support and do not jeopardise their health and well-being. It is Thriving Life´s role to provide training, coaching, feedback and support in assisting the participant to become aware of their body’s inner wisdom. The participant´s role at all times is to be awake to the messages his/her body is sending and to avoid any activity or movement that may cause pain.
Thriving Life is not diagnosing, prescribing or treating. The participant should consult a Doctor about any concern they have about a state of pathology, dysfunction, or pain, and to advise Thriving Life about such concerns.
- Thriving Life does not disclose buyers information to third parties, any information you provide is strictly confidential. Cookies are used on this shopping site, but only to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart once you have selected an item. Data collected by this site is used to:
-Take and fulfill customer orders
-Administer and enhance the site and service
- Any photo’s taken during courses are the property of Thriving Life and may be used for promotional purposes, it is your responsibility to advise in writing if you do not want your photo taken and used in this way.
- Feedback given to Thriving Life by email or on a Course or Retreat feedback form may be used to as promotional material for Thriving Life. It is your responsibility to advise in writing if you do not want your feedback to be used publically.
If you have any questions regarding privacy you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE – By booking and paying for a course/event fee, you are agreeing to the above points that constitute Thriving Life´s general terms and conditions.