Thriving Life is launching a new Substack Newsletter/Blog
There are hundreds of books and magazines telling you how to stay young. This newsletter will not! I believe, we should stop listening to the stories that claim that by default a younger person is somehow better, healthier, happier more successful and beautiful than an older one. Ageing Upwards is about standing up to the cultural obsession with youth and allowing ourselves to fully embrace our age and life. Let’s not waste another moment wishing for the greener grass on the other side of 50.
The founder of Thriving Life is currently writing a book about how mindfulness can help us age with awareness, acceptance and self-compassion. By subscribing to this newsletter, you can already now start to engage with some of the themes of the book. Click subscribe if you find any other content below interesting:
- Why is the term “successful ageing” is an oxymoron
- How can we avoid internalising ageism?
- How can companies and organisations retain and attract mature experienced employees through mindfulness training.
- Why we should stop looking at ageing as binary
- Why the ability to focus and sustain attention is important for our wellbeing
- How improved inner- and outer awareness is key to changing the way we live and make decisions
- Why self-compassion is the new black
- Why the current one-size-fits-all life arrangement (learn/ work & save/ retire), is neither financially sustainable as we live for longer, nor beneficial to our health and well-being.
- Why ageing involves suffering – and why that is a good thing
- How mindfulness can be a gateway to vitality and mental flexibility
- Why being fully present is deeply underrated
- How we can stop self-created sufferings
- How pauses are superfood for the mind
- How we can change our sense of self – if we actually have a self
- How to deal with thoughts and worries related to growing older
- How getting to know and feel our bodies can help us accept what happens to it
- How the Selection, Optimisation and Compensation (SOC) model can help us adapt to life.
- and so much more……..
There might also be a few freebies from time to time – including access to guided meditations and webinars.
You are of course always welcome to participate in discussions and reflections – and if you provide really insightful stuff, you might be contacted for an interview in order to appear in the book.
In sum, come and be part of a community of people who would like to explore ways to thrive at any age.
Berit will post twice a month (I also have a book to write :-))
You can sign up here: https://ageingupwards.substack.com
Ps if you have already signed up to the Newsletter for Thriving Life you will automatically be included in AgeingUpward You can always unsubscribe of course.